This is the cookie my family is known for. We keep telling everyone it is just the recipe off the back of the chocolate chip bag, but no one believes us. So I will try to add some additional tips that might help. These really are the best cookies out there. Just saying. The best part is they are great for any time of the year!
- 1 Cup Butter, Softened
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 2 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 Cups M&M's
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 375’.
- In large bowl combine *butter, sugar, brown sugar, & vanilla. Beat until creamy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add 1 1/2 cup flour and the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix Well
- Mix in the rest of the flour 1/2 cup at a time. You want the cookie dough to clean the sides of the bowl, and then add another little bit of flour.
- Stir in Chocolate Chips, M&M’s and nuts.
- Drop onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9-11 minutes.
*This is important, Don’t Microwave The Butter! A big part of what makes these cookies different is the texture, and part of what makes the texture is the butter. Don’t skimp and go for the cheap brand because it always turns out different, and don’t microwave it because it changes the consistency of the cookie. I don’t know how or why, I just know it’s true.