Once you try this kind of cake, you will never go back. Ever. Now that you’ve been warned, you should also know that this cake is super easy, but comes out extra moist, and tasting delicious. For as long as I can remember this has been my Dad’s favorite cake, for good reason. I prefer it as Bundt Cake, but it works well in any form – including Cupcakes!
- 1 Pkg Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Pkg (3 oz) Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 2 Cups Milk
- 3 Egg Whites, Beaten Stiff
- Preheat oven to 375˚
- Combine Cake Mix, Pudding, Flour, and Milk. Mix it well – the batter will turn a slightly lighter color.
- In a separate bowl, beat the Egg Whites until stiff
- Gently fold Egg whites in right before putting in the oven. (Don’t mix it too much! you want the egg whites to stay fluffy. )
- Pour into a well greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
Serve with ice cream, or whipped cream. I also like to drizzle a Cream Cheese frosting over the top.
*This recipe can be modified to different types of cake. Start with the type of cake mix that you want, and add a pudding that corresponds with it. Example, for a White Cake, use a White cake mix and Vanilla Pudding.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 Pkg (8 oz) Cream Cheese
- About 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tbls Milk (depends on how thick you want it)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Almond flavoring
Mix all together well. You may need to adjust the Powdered Sugar and Milk depending on your taste and consistency preferences. If adding food coloring, add less milk